Region 3-A is pleased to announce our participation in the Northeast Indiana Innovation Center Inc’s (NIIC’s) “Northeast Indiana Adaptive Community Navigator” project.
WHAT IS THE COMMUNITY NAVIGATOR PROJECT?
The program, established by the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, will use a community navigator approach to help small businesses, with a focus on those owned by veterans, women, and socially and economically disadvantaged individuals – including in rural and urban communities.
The program consists of a lead “Hub” at the center of a network of “Spoke” organizations that deploy community advocates to work with small businesses during economic recovery. Recovery services can include financial assistance, access to capital supports, contracting and procurement assistance, marketing, operations, and business development, export and importing, and industry specific training, among other areas of technical assistance to aid businesses in stabilization and expansion.
Region 3A Development & Regional Planning Commission will in and supporting the in the following ways:
- Assistance in initial project planning to ensure that the project optimally addresses the needs of our business constituents, entrepreneurs and our 2020-2024 Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy.
- Coordination and integration of a regional support network including LEDOS, EDOs, and trusted connector organizations for early identification and project SPRINT response for businesses facing business closure risks.
- Coordinating with the project team for creating a localized delivery channel for distribution of marketing and program-specific communications and outreach to ensure local businesses know what is available through the program.
- Coordinating with the HUB and project team for delivering local workshops, training, technical assistance, etc. with local trusted connectors region-wide
- Ensuring activities are aligned and congruent with our 2020-2024 CEDS plan and future updates of the plan.
This project is a particularly good fit for this time of crisis in Northeast Indiana and the NIIC’s Adaptive Community Navigator process and toolset for use via Trusted Connectors is a proven way to reach business builders that haven’t been reached before.
The NIIC’s understands the needs of the underserved small business owners in our region, particularly as many of their businesses have been impacted by the pandemic and are now looking to reemerge. In most cases, these needs go far beyond simple quick fixes and money.
Region 3A is excited to be part of this effort and is now accepting referrals for entrepreneurs and businesses which could benefit from this program. Contact us today for more information on how to get involved!